Accidental damage cover is unintended, sudden damage caused by an external, identifiable means. Accidental damage cover is offered in addition to our 'new for old' contents cover.
Simple answer is yes! Not only are your windows covered, but also your solar panels, sanitary ware and ceramic hobs. These all come as standard even if you’ve only opted for standard buildings cover.
If you underinsure and need to make a claim, you may only receive a percentage of the payout, or the claim may be rejected by the insurer. If you’re unsure how much your house or contents is worth, you can find some helpful tips on
It will provide legal assistance when pursuing a claim in connection with Contracts of Employment, Civil Claims relating to damage, Trespass to your main residence, Consumer Contracts and Services Disputes.
Please contact one of our home customer service advisors on 01527 594 850 for more information.
If you have purchased our optional family legal protection policy, and would like to discuss a legal matter, please contact General Legal Protection Limited directly on 01904 231 241 and they will be happy to assist you.
Home Emergency Policies provide cover for emergency call-out costs, parts and labour and VAT 24 hours per day. Cover applies to your main heating system, roof, plumbing/drainage, domestic water, electricity and gas supply, toilet damage, home security, and pest infestation.
If you have purchased our optional home emergency policy and need urgent assistance, please contact General Legal Protection Limited directly on 01904 238 278 and they will be happy to assist you.
Personal possessions and all risks cover applies to items that you wish to be insured when away from your property.
We do have insurers who will provide cover for your belongings anywhere in the world.

If you require this cover please notify the sales agent at the time of quotation.
You will need to complete an authorisation form. This gives you the opportunity to authorise a third-party individual to discuss your policy, and process policy amendments on your behalf when you’re unable to contact us directly.
Changing addresses can be done very quickly and easily. Please contact customer services on the number below and provide them with details of your new property.
If a claim or possible claim occurs you must report this as soon as possible. Ideally, as part of the initial notification, you will provide:
  • Your name, address and your home and mobile telephone numbers
  • Personal details necessary to confirm your identity
  • Policy number
  • The date of the incident
  • The cause of the loss or damage
  • Details of the loss or damage together with the claim value if known
  • Police details where applicable
  • Names and addresses of any other parties involved or responsible for the incident (including details of injuries) and addresses of any witnesses
You must give your insurer any information or help that they request. You must not settle, reject, negotiate or agree to pay any claim without their written permission.
The contact details relevant to you will depend on which insurer provides your home insurance. Please refer to your policy wording to confirm these details. these details.